Senior Java Developer
Silensec, a leading security consultancy and training company with offices in Cyprus, Kenya and UK is looking for Senior Software Developers to join its team in Cyprus. The Cyprus Office hosts Silensec's R&D and Innovation Center responsible for the development of Silensec's products. Successful candidates will work on highly scalable full stack technologies focused on cloud automation, big data analytics and machine learning and, obviously, cyber security! Specifically, Silensec looks for bright and fun minds to help in the development and innovation of its Cyber Range platform (www.cyberranges.com) and supporting the CyberStars initiative (www.cyberstars.pro)
- Document, develop and write tests for components and microservices responsible for digesting, transforming, harmonizing and storing information.
- Work within an established application ecosystem to develop new features and functionalities.
- Collaborate with application team in making architectural and design decisions.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years experience with developing RESTful services in Java.
- Proven experience in developing Unit Tests and Integration Tests adhering to standard Continued Integration processes.
- Solid understanding of messaging queue systems and asynchronous web services.
- Disciplined approach in documentation, design and testing a plus.
- Strong experience in using version control systems and build automation tools.
- A fan of Design Patterns and beautiful coding styles.
- Hands on experience with Spring framework.
- Experience in integrating and using message brokering systems in applications such as RabbitMQ or Apache Kafka.
- Familiarity with data indexing platforms such as Lucene, Solr, Elasticsearch.
- Be acquainted with integrating cloud computing platform APIs such as Openstack.
- Strong computer networking skills is a plus.
- Ability to accurately hit moving targets with a Nerf gun.
Remuneration & Benefits
An attractive and competitive salary package including medical insurance will be offered to successful candidates based on their skillset and experience. Work remotely or join us to enjoy the sun and sea of Limassol.
About the Application Process
- You Apply – We review your application and contact you as soon as possible.
- We Challenge You – We give you a technical challenge to solve for us to learn more about your mindset and technical skills
- We Meet – We discuss more about the technical stuff, the job but also learn more about each other because we like our team and we are looking for a great colleague not just a great developer.
How to Apply
You can apply by sending your CV to careers[at]silensec.com or by filling up the form below
- Applications must be in PDF format
- File name must include your first and last name
- Silensec is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified persons are encouraged to apply.